Medal, Robert Burns Centenary, 1896, obverse
Robert Burns Centenary medal, 1896, obverse (1)
- The centenary of Robert Burns death on 21 July 1896 saw national celebrations to commemorate his life and achievements.
- Image Rights Holder:
- Dumfries & Galloway Museums Service
- 39:Robert Burns in Dumfries and Galloway
- Metal, silver
- Diameter: 44 mm
- Medal, Robert Burns Centenary, 1896, obverse
- Robert Burns (1759 - 1796) (representation (on obverse))
- John Pinches (London) (production)
- Robert Burns Centre, Dumfries & Galloway
- This silver medal depicts Robert Burns on the obverse. Burns' Mausoleum in St Michael's Churchyard, Dumfries is on the reverse.